Our latest project over at Denbigh in Wales involved a full refurbishment of the Old Police Station, using conservation principles.
This beautiful classical building stood proud on the main road and is a key structure in the streetscape.
Grosvenor fully project managed the site from the roof down to the camomile lawn.
A full re-roof was needed which incorporated the existing good slates.
Minimum intervention was the key guiding philosophy on the site and this enabled sash windows to be retained and refurbished.
Equally, further to deterioration of the stone quoins, only the quoins which were structurally unsound were replaced.
Below is a video showing the new Quoins being prepared:
.Below: The new Quoin is now fixed into position
Other works included (also see images below):
- New pots to chimney
- Doff cleaning of surfaces and re-pointing of front elevation
- New lead gulleys and portico roof
- Lime stone indents to the front wall
- Clean and conserve wrought iron railings
- Landscaping front area with sett’s and yorkstone flagging